‘Tis the season for coats and jackets, hats and scarves, and most importantly, December’s icy birthstone, blue topaz! Here’s a fun little fact about this blue-hued gem, that seems more than appropriate for the holiday season – blue topaz is a symbol of eternal love.
2) Opals are formed from silicon dioxide and water, so it’s safe to say opals are formed by rain! As water runs down the earth and evaporates, it leaves behind silica that dries out and creates beautiful opals.
3) The different colors you see in opals are from the silica spheres, which refract light and create colors.
4) In 2008, NASA discovered opal deposits on Mars!
Shop for your very own opals on Jewelry.com.
Even though September has only just arrived, it’s never too early to start stocking up on fall jewelry! We don’t know about you, but we think that September’s gorgeous birthstone sapphire is perfect for autumn accessorizing. Sapphires come in many colors, including blue, yellow, white, purple, green, pink, and black. Check out these tidbits about our favorite sapphire colors!
Blue Sapphires – Blue sapphires are the most common and most popular. They are known to be helpful in chakra healing, specifically the throat chakra.
Pink Sapphires – Pink sapphires are known to attract positivity (something you can never have too much of!).
Black Sapphires – Black sapphires are known to bring confidence, and are good for career building.
Shop for your own sapphire jewelry at Jewelry.com!
Time to dig out your peridot jewelry – August has arrived! We love this bright green birthstone, not only for its color, but also for its unique history. The famous Cleopatra often wore peridot to ward off evil, and these green gems were known in ancient Egypt as “gems of the sun.”
Shop for your peridot jewelry at Jewelry.com!
– “Ruby” comes from the Latin word “rubens,” which means red.
– Rubies come from corundum, which is sometimes referred to as Pink Sapphire.
– Rubies come in several different shades of red.
– The red color comes from the mineral chromium.
– Rubies are associated with prosperity and protection.
– In the Bible, rubies are also associated with wisdom and beauty, and are mentioned four times.
April is here (can you believe it?), and there’s no better way to welcome the month than with a diamond (or two or three…). Want to learn a little more about April’s birthstone? Check out these four facts about diamonds, and shop for your own at Jewelry.com.
1) Some diamonds are over three billion years old.
2) Diamond comes from the Greek word “adamas,” which means indestructible.
3) Diamonds were believed to have healing properties and give wearers strength.
4) Archduke Maximillian of Austria commissioned the first diamond engagement ring, for Mary of Burgundy in 1477.
Engagement rings under $1,000? Yes they do exist, and in different styles, shapes, sizes, and cuts! Trust us and take a look at some of our favorite diamond and alternative engagement rings on Jewelry.com.
Diamonds – You can never go wrong with diamonds (but you already know that don’t you?). What you might not know, is that you can find gorgeous diamond rings for under $1K, like a 1 ct diamond bridal set.
Unique Shapes – What better way to ask her for her hand in marriage, than with a heart shaped diamond ring. It’s simple, sweet, and super affordable.
Gemstones – If you’re looking for something different for the leading lady in your life, try a gemstone engagement ring (they’re very trendy!). For some style inspiration, take a look at Kate Middleton’s stunning sapphire engagement ring.
Cubic Zirconia – Cubic zirconia is a great engagement ring option if you’re on a budget, and it’s just as sparkly as a diamond. See for yourself!
Wondering what to gift your leading lady this Valentine’s Day? Well that’s what we’re here for! Forget about the chocolates and the flowers, jewelry always makes the perfect present. Whether she likes diamonds or gemstones, you’ll find something that’s just her style at Jewelry.com.
Birthstones – Garnet, ruby, amethyst – there are so many birthstones to choose from! Shower her with color this Valentine’s Day. Check out our Birthstone Deals sale, featuring birthstone jewelry for every month of the year.
Diamonds – You can never go wrong with diamonds (seriously). As Confucius once said, “Better a diamond with a flaw, than a pebble without.” Browse through our assortment of diamond necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings.
Happy shopping and Happy Valentine’s Day!
It’s the holiday season, fa-la-la-la-la! Are you still searching for the perfect gift (or gifts plural!) for the special lady in your life? Well we have a saying over here at Jewelry.com…go big or go home! Check out these jewelry gifts, fit for every fashionista.
Colorful Stones – Does she incorporate a lot of color into her wardrobe? Get her a trendy blue topaz bangle, or a blue topaz ring. It’s December after all, and blue topaz is December’s birthstone. Shop for blue topaz jewelry at Jewelry.com.
Pearls – Is she an Audrey Hepburn fans? If so, then pearls are just right for her. A unique pink pearl necklace or pearl bow necklace and earring set are just what you’ve been looking for. Shop for pearl jewelry at Jewelry.com.
Happy shopping and happy holidays!
December babies, it’s your month! Celebrate with this month’s icy hued birthstone – blue topaz. Read on for some fun facts about this pretty gemstone.
– There are three shades of blue topaz – Swiss Blue, London Blue, and Sky Blue.
– Blue topaz symbolizes loyalty and love.
– Blue Topaz is thought to help with clear thinking and clarity.
– Blue Topaz is Utah’s official state gemstone.
– Blue Topaz is the 4th anniversary gemstone (hint, hint gentlemen!).
For more information about December’s gemstone, visit our past blog post, “Gemstone Education: Blue Topaz: Birthday Blue.”