In 1979, the son of a farmer in Tennessee, Marion Halfacre, saw a classified ad in a magazine advertising the sale of a little jewelry store in Newport Beach, California. Four years later, he and his wife Lula had built the store into a profitable business. The business grew over time, and the 1200-square-foot store was no longer large enough. In 1991, the Halfacres acquired their 6.000-square-foot store in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. In 1999, the store underwent a major renovation and now stands out as one of the finest jewelry stores in the nation, with its innovative design, outstanding staff, and everlasting commitment to ‘Exceed Expectations’.